Steve Perry weighs in

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 10 13:01:04 PDT 2001

I'm a bit curious why Steve didn't post this or something like it instead of rampaging around like he had a bee up his rectum. The bulk of it is about as good a summary of the situation in the world today as I have seen. But the basic self-deception of "positive" proposals still infects the last two paragraphs, quoted below. What Steve is offering _as a solution_ is almost identical with what Mark Jones predicted two weeks ago, in a post I believe I fwd -- only Mark was NOT proposing it as a solution; he was describing what he thought were the terms of surrender for the U.S. Steve is asking that the U.S. surrender almost unconditionally to Arab demands, and accept in return the pretty package of a dead Bin Laden.

It won't happen. And since it won't happen, what is the positive proposal, that might happen, that Steve might come up with.

Carrol

Doug Henwood wrote:

[Steve Perry sent this draft of his latest, which seems pretty reasonable to me.]

What Is To Be Done?

There are lots of Americans who would like an alternative to prolonged war. Is there one?

by Steve Perry

[CLIP]