FBI shuts down website

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Oct 11 19:00:15 PDT 2001

At 06:17 PM 10/11/01 -0700, Kevin Robert Dean wrote:
>FBI closes 'pro-IRA' website
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/internetnews/story/0,7369,567864,00.html

The Guardian's a little behind and perhaps making more of it than necessary, but....

[This seems like an overreaction. Apparently a web hosting company was afraid that providing web space to an pro-IRA online radio station might get said company in trouble. So it pulled the plug. In any case, it does not appear that they were threatened by -- or even contacted by -- the Feds. --Declan B McCullagh] rest at: http://www.politechbot.com/p-02605.html

Follow Up:

********

From: travis.towle at cosmicradio.com To: "Declan McCullagh" <declan at well.com> Subject: Re: Web hosting company pulls plug on pro-IRA radio station Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 19:45:31 -0500 Organization: CosmicRadio.com

Thank you for contacting me about www.IRAradio.com - it is people like you that make our sites strong. After talking with our board and working with the ISP's it looks like IRAradio.com will be re-opened again as soon as we get moved into our new office later on this year. We may be moveing the site to Canada servers. Until then, be sure to sign up for the news list at www.IRAradio.com so you know when the site goes back up.

Travis E. Towle Founder & CEO

The Cosmic Entertainment Company www.CosmicRadio.com | www.CosmicTelevision.com | www.TheCosmicStore.com Phone: 1.800.579.6477 or 1.785.286.0911