Cockburn: Our Anthrax?

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Oct 14 09:35:01 PDT 2001

More on the tabloids here.

Listen to Journalist Bill Sloan http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/fa/20010315.fa.02.ram Journalist Bill Sloan is the author of “I Watched a Wild Hog Eat My Baby! A Colorful History of Tabloids and Their Cultural Impact”. Sloan is a former tabloid insider having worked for “The National Enquirer,” Montreal’s “Midnight” (now called “Globe”), and the “National Tattler.” Sloan was also an investigative reporter for the Dallas Times Herald.

About 2/3 or so through the Terry Gross interview the author goes into the CIA connections of David Pecker, CEO of American Media, Inc. Amusing that in the WP story here http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28365-2001Oct8.html the National Enquirer sez Osama bin Laden has a small pecker! Michael Pugliese