Right Advice

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Mon Oct 15 13:10:26 PDT 2001

Dennis wrote:

> Chuck0 confessed:
>
> > I'm 36.
>
> But 17-years-old inside, no? Your rhetoric is worthy of a kid with
> "revolution" in his starry eyes.

Actually, I'm much more pragmatic than I sound. When my tendonitis isn't bothering me as much, I'll write up an account for the list about how the anti-capitalist movement and the black bloc in DC shifted their plans after Genoa.

Part of it involved getting some real 17-year-olds who had been in Genoa to stop seeing molotovs in their eyes.

> > Go and wave a flag if that is important to you personally, but please
> > don't call this anarchism, because it simply isn't.
>
> I never said I wished to wave a flag, nor did I say to do so was anarchism.
> I said that I wouldn't be offended if someone who was genuinely interested
> in peace and justice felt the need to do so. A simple distinction, really.

Well, I guess I'm not outraged, only mystified over why some leftist would want to bring an American flag to a rally.

> You know, during the anti-World War 1 struggle, anarchists, who then
> actually had a labor base and ties to common people, appeared on platforms
> where the flag was displayed. I've seen photos of Emma Goldman speaking next
> to a flag, and I dare say, her anarchist credentials are far more impressive
> than yours.

You haven't seen my credentials. ;-)

Be careful when you compare me to Emma Goldman. ;-)

Chuck0