Flags

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Mon Oct 15 14:30:51 PDT 2001

I'm not sure what you're referring to in Asia. Basically, I'm with Chuck. I don't understand why I or anyone else should have to wrap themselves in a flag in order to be seen/heard/important.

It seems to me that we are entering a period of mutally assured thuggery. This being the case what will waving the flag accomplish? It will only disguise the fact that truth and human freedom will be the first casualties in this war by implicitly causing everyone to identify with the policies of the corporate/capitalist regime that currently runs this country.

I should add though that I have never understood the us/them mentality involved in patriotism and flags. So it is possible that this is some kind of constitutional failing on my part.

Joanna Bujes