Raimondo, Antiwar

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 16 13:03:54 PDT 2001

Brad Mayer wrote:

>The aim is to, and should be to, bring into question Washington's
>competency to govern. That is what Sept. 11th put at stake more
>than anything else. Need one point to the revolutionary
>implications?

Let me see if I've got this right. Someone - presumably that tiny formation known as The Left - is supposed to circulate this revoultionary insight among whom? The American masses, 90% of whom support the bombing, and 99.5% of whom feel under attack? And having pointed this out, what then? Wait for Bush to hand over the keys to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave to a transitional revolutionary government? Please clarify.

Doug