toronto downtown shut down

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 16 18:03:04 PDT 2001

Did u look in any Canadian media? The Globe and Mail covers it with other stories as well: http://www.globeandmail.ca/servlet/RTGAMArticleHTMLTemplate/C/20011016/wocap 16102?hub=homeBN&tf=tgam/realtime/fullstory.html&cf=tgam/realtime/config-neu tral&vg=BigAdVariableGenerator&slug=wocap16102&date=20011016&archive=RTGAM&s ite=Front&ad_page_name=breakingnews The National Post also mentions the protest: http://www.nationalpost.com/

These are both right-wing national newspapers. For a left perspective see: http://www.rabble.ca/news_full_story.shtml?x=3000

Of course the main daily in Toronto covered the demo: http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Render&inifi le=futuretense.ini&c=Page&cid=968332188492&pubid=968163964505

Did you seriously think that CNN or the New York Times would bother with this! THere are other media outlets. You are about as insular as US media. To find out about an event in Toronto you fail to look at the main Toronto newspaper or the two main Canadian national newspapers!

Cheers, Ken Hanly