Anti-War Movements

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 17 09:36:26 PDT 2001

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: Anti-War Movements Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:39:27 +0900 From: jean-christophe helary <helary at niji.or.jp>

kelley:
> and, like i said before, what _are_ you going to do if this network isn't
> busted up and we continue to be plagued by terrorist attacks? eh? it's
> quite likely.

find out why _you_ are plagued (and not others). once you've found the reason you've solved half the problem. don't ask me about the second half.

jc helary

I presume that, like other peoples plagued by terror (Vietnam in the '60s, Guatemala and Iran after 1953 -- Blum's whole list) we will just keep plugging along the best we can.

The "network" isn't going to be busted up or if it is its fragments will sprout new networks.

Of course, the U.S. could bug out of Saudi Arabia, stop giving aid to Israel, stop killing off Iraqi, pull its troops out of Okinawa and the Canal Zone, and so forth. Eventually, why not now? But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Carrol

P.S. I essentially agree with Lou Paulsen's post; it presents a framework within which there can be useful tactical and strategic discussion.As to speculation about the "real" aims of the U.S. government -- I really don't know, but one should never wholly discount the hypothesis that they don't have a fucking idea of what they're doing. It isn't only leftists and venture capitalists who lose their head and run around screaming what should we do what should we do oh my oh my. Bush, Blair & Co. _could_ be doing just that.