Sontag and intellectuals

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 17 12:35:41 PDT 2001

Some choice URL's mostly from Right-Wing sites on Sontag. The Vanguard News Network is neo-Nazi. Hadn't seen that one before! (What did Lenny Bruce say? "A liberal will buy anything a Nazi puts out out!" Remarking on George Lincoln Rockwell?) Michael Pugliese

Anti-west, anti-capitalism, Susan Sontag, evil ... white race is the cancer of human history. It is the white race and it alone--its ... of life itself. - Susan Sontag, Partisan Review, Winter 1967 ... www.j-turner.com/mindsi/antien3.html

Birdman Bryant: Race Traitor: Behold a Pale Horse ... the operation of the human mind whose major ... Jewish leftist Susan Sontag's notorious remark that the white race is the "cancer of history". ... www.thebirdman.org/Index/NetLoss/NetLoss-RaceTraitor.html

MTV's War on the White Race ... hate criminals. As Jewess Susan Sontag said, speaking for all Jews, "The White race is the cancer of human history." Jews truly believe this. They are our enemy ... www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com/index57.htm http://www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com/index.htm

http://www.meadville.edu/buehrens_1_1.html
>..."Yet today, as Susan Sontag has recently written, "the general decline
in universalist moral and political standards - of Enlightenment values" has created an increasing reluctance to apply a single standard of political justice, of freedom, of individual rights, and of democracy.

What does it mean then, to be both anti-racist, in a universalist sense, and multi-cultural

Sontag points out that while people on the left criticize human rights universalism as 'colonialist,' or 'Euro-centric,' that label is increasingly being used not only by academics, but by business leaders to say that it is 'unrealistic' to expect or want non- European peoples to have 'our' values about human dignity and worth. "My own view," she writes, "is that it is precisely the reluctance to apply these standards - as if 'we' in the European and the neo-European countries need them, but the Chinese and peoples of Africa don't - that is colonialist and condescending." 14 14 The New York Review of Books, Feb. 15, 1996.