Anti-War Movements

Mina Kumar wejazzjune at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:51:30 PDT 2001

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com
>Subject: Re: Anti-War Movements
>Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:22:31 -0400
>
>Ok, let me see if I have this right - I'm feeling a bit dim today.
>Parties not entirely unknown attack the U.S., and parties quite known
>have sworn to kill us in large numbers. Our response should be to put
>Sharon, Kissinger, Clinton, and Bush Sr. on trial.

Isn't it the same motivation behind Bush Jr. making noises about a Palestinian state, US and EU giving money to Pak, peanut butter and jelly (yucky!) food drops over Afghanistan, threatening the ISP of the Real IRA website, including Kashmir-oriented groups on the terrorist list et al.

i.e. if you know you don't have the police power to impose your will, you try to gain some legitimacy with the masses, and persuade their minds. It's not so outre.