Doug: "Whuppass those mofos!"

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Oct 18 07:53:23 PDT 2001

At 02:37 PM 10/18/01 +0000, Carl Remick wrote:
>>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>>
>>I don't
>>support the bombing ... [but] apprehending the 9/11
>>criminals probably won't be like serving a warrant on someone for
>>insider trading; that's where the "considerable force" I mentioned to
>>Rick Perlstein would come in.
>
>Are you channeling Tom Clancy, Doug? What magical mix of hi-tech weaponry
>are you calling for here that will allow is to take OBL without causing
>civilian casualties?
>
>Carl

right, but maybe you should have jumped on _everyone's_ case who promoted the bring ObL Inc to justice argument. or, at least acknowledged that others here have said the same thing on this list. no one said a word because it all sounded so, civil....and no one apparently wanted to think things through... doug did. so you've decided to jump on his case because...why exactly? i don't know. but it's pretty fucking funny that all of the people here who now have a problem with Doug didn't say the same thing to Yoshie when she called on a "bring them to justice" solution early on. or any of a number of others who explored the same topic.