Doug: "Whuppass those mofos!"

Zak McGregor zak at mighty.co.za
Thu Oct 18 08:14:29 PDT 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:53:23 -0400 Kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> wrote:

> right, but maybe you should have jumped on _everyone's_ case who
> promoted
> the bring ObL Inc to justice argument. or, at least acknowledged that
> others here have said the same thing on this list. no one said a word
> because it all sounded so, civil....and no one apparently wanted to
> think
> things through... doug did. so you've decided to jump on his case
> because...why exactly? i don't know. but it's pretty fucking funny
> that
> all of the people here who now have a problem with Doug didn't say
> the
> same thing to Yoshie when she called on a "bring them to justice"
> solution
> early on. or any of a number of others who explored the same topic.

Funny you equate the use of force to "bringing them to justice". Yoshie has never been in favour of using military force unless I'm very much mistaken.

Unfortunately we can only speculate as to what need there would have been for force at all had the thicker-than-I-dare-think Bush "Fuckwit" Jr. supplied the Taliban with the evidence he, Powell and Blair believe is soooooo convincing. There are surely a number of ways in which said evidence can be suitably impressed upon the Taliban without them necessarily gaining insight into intelligence means and methods, the whole sorry excuse for not presenting them with it in the first place.

This military action is merely an expression of Bush's frustration that when he barked no-one listened. Fuck him. He said "no compromise" and boy, is he going to be true to his word. Even at the cost of thousands more innocent lives and billions of dollars. And, as an added bonus, it seems it is very good for his poll status, and, seemingly, in fracturing any real opposition who seem to become more and more mesmerised with every bomb that drops; every body that falls; every drop of blood shed.

Ciao

Zak