Anti-War Movements

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Oct 18 08:02:12 PDT 2001

At 10:34 AM 10/18/01 -0400, Todd Archer wrote:
>Mater Superior Kelley !{)> said:

is that a sexual position?

>No, I wouldn't have screamed at a judicious use of LEGAL (or something
>close to it) force (say, for talking purposes, sanctioned and observed
>by the U.N.). This is all assuming the U.S. came clean with the proof
>linking ObL to the bombing. If a criminal holes himself up in a
>building, that's why you call in SWAT teams.

and the fact is, as i have said over and over again, we would have likely done the very same thing as we're doing now! how are you going to get forces into the territory of a belligerant? would UN forces have dropped special ops forces into Afghanistan to go knocking on doors asking around? without air support? without clearing away the anti-aircraft fire? without doing a little damage to them? no, probably not.

so, those who call for justice through legal mechanisms are fooling themselves if they think their solution would be a whole lot different from what's going on now. it may have been a little more palatable, operations wise. it might have seemed more legitimate b/c you didn't have a yahoo running around the planet telling everyone "my way or the highway", but that's about it.