Doug: "Whuppass those mofos!"

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Oct 18 08:21:34 PDT 2001

At 11:02 AM 10/18/01 -0400, Jim Farmelant wrote:

>So what would this "considerable force" look like Doug? And why
>shouldn't we expect that in practice it wouldn't be all that different
>from what
>Bush is actually doing right now, for the reasons that I gave
>in my earlier post? At least when Hitchens decided to enlist
>in the War Party, he acknowledged, in not so many words that
>he was siding with Bush & Blair. I am getting the feeling
>that you are attempting to do the same thing but in a more
>round about way.
>
>Jim F.

ok. so what we should do, in an ideal world is:

1. recognize that we're responsible for blowback 2. pull out of the ME fast bec/ if we lolly gag around we'll probably be attacked some more given that we've already demonstrated that we'll turn the other cheek. 3. stop funding israel. 4. fund the development of a palestinian state.

tasks, given the above:

a. paint us a picture of the middle east under such circumstances. b. speculate as to what the new leaders of the ME are thinking about the US's capacity to deal with terrorism given our response.