Doug: "Whuppass those mofos!"

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Thu Oct 18 08:58:07 PDT 2001

Kel wrote:

> right, but maybe you should have jumped on _everyone's_ case who promoted
> the bring ObL Inc to justice argument. or, at least acknowledged that
> others here have said the same thing on this list. no one said a word
> because it all sounded so, civil....and no one apparently wanted to think
> things through... doug did. so you've decided to jump on his case
> because...why exactly? i don't know. but it's pretty fucking funny that
> all of the people here who now have a problem with Doug didn't say the
> same thing to Yoshie when she called on a "bring them to justice" solution
> early on. or any of a number of others who explored the same topic.

To echo Robert Scheer (never thought I'd see myself type those words), why no focus on Saudi Arabia? Why aren't we bombing them? Clearly the House of Saud is neck-deep in this mess, but for some reason it is not seen by the WH or the press as "harboring" terrorists. When that Prince handed the $10 mil to Giuliani, the mayor didn't reject it based on the awful human rights record in Saudi Arabia, nor did he mention the hard links between them and the Taliban. No, it wasn't until the Prince made some ritual noises about Palestine -- THAT is what enraged Giuliani so. And, of course, he was hailed as a great moralist for handing the money back.

"Smash the Taliban"? Fine by me, if there are any left at ground level, that is. But this is an empty, and at the moment, murderous gesture without combining any theocratic rollback with the Saudis.

DP