Churchill

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Thu Oct 18 09:52:04 PDT 2001

Ward Churchill:

> > There is simply no argument to be made that the Pentagon personnel
> > killed on September 11 fill that bill. The building and those inside
> > comprised military targets, pure and simple.

And the folks on the hijacked plane? Well, I suppose in Churchill's universe, they were guilty of war crimes the moment they took their seats. After all, most airline pilots are ex-Air Force, so anyone who knowingly boards a plane must assume that it, too, is a military target.

> > As to those in the World
> > Trade Center . . .
> >
> > Well, really. Let's get a grip here, shall we? True enough, they were
> > civilians of a sort. But innocent? Gimme a break. They formed a
> > technocratic corps at the very heart of America's global financial
> > empire - the "mighty engine of profit" to which the military dimension
> > of U.S. policy has always been enslaved - and they did so both
willingly
> > and knowingly. Recourse to "ignorance" - a derivative, after all, of
the
> > word "ignore" - counts as less than an excuse among this relatively
> > well-educated elite. To the extent that any of them were unaware of the
> > costs and consequences to others of what they were involved in - and in
> > many cases excelling at - it was because of their absolute refusal to
> > see. More likely, it was because they were too busy braying,
incessantly
> > and self-importantly, into their cell phones, arranging power lunches
> > and stock transactions, each of which translated, conveniently out of
> > sight, mind and smelling distance, into the starved and rotting flesh
of
> > infants. If there was a better, more effective, or in fact any other
way
> > of visiting some penalty befitting their participation upon the little
> > Eichmanns inhabiting the sterile sanctuary of the twin towers, I'd
> > really be interested in hearing about it.

What a 14-carat, gold-plated asshole. I can't believe that a large number of lefties buy into the above obscenity -- but then, I've been proven wrong so many times.

DP