Anti-War Movements

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 18 13:35:54 PDT 2001

> > >you haven't risked a thing because you laid out no positive program
>> >of your own.
>> >
>> >kelley
>>
>> Neither have you -- the way you are posting here, you obviously
>> aren't doing anything else, aside from making a living & taking care
>> of personal business.
>
>> Yoshie
>
>Ah yes, the smug, self-righteous Yoshie dictating to a single working mother
>what her "left" duties are. "Making a living" -- why, Kel, how dare you
>struggle to support you and your son when you should be living the life of
>an OSU grad student! I can see how Yoshie plans to build the "left" movement
>of her dreams -- berating the working class.
>
>DP

So, teaching excludes one from the working class while writing includes one into the category? A flexible definition!

Now, as a matter of fact, being a single mom or dad does make it difficult to do any activism, but it doesn't make it impossible to do so. Those who berate others for "doing nothing" surely must be doing something, rather than posting to e-lists. I recommend that she cut the considerable time she spends on posting & use it for organizing.

-- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Anti-War Organizing in Columbus Covered by the Media: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/media.html>