Anti-War Movements

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Oct 18 14:36:51 PDT 2001

At 05:19 PM 10/18/01 -0400, Dennis wrote:
> > Now, as a matter of fact, being a single mom or dad does make it
> > difficult to do any activism, but it doesn't make it impossible to do
> > so. Those who berate others for "doing nothing" surely must be doing
> > something, rather than posting to e-lists. I recommend that she cut
> > the considerable time she spends on posting & use it for organizing.
>
> > Yoshie
>

>Are you a single mom? If not, I would suggest you keep your fucking mouth
>shut about the topic. (And yes, I have kids, and know what it takes to feed
>and clothe them. You?) Given your high activist standards, why haven't you
>unsubbed yet, so you may devote every waking hour to saving the people of
>Afghanistan? In other words, why are you still here?
>
>You're a fool, Yoshie. A jerk, self-righteous and self-serving. Stick to
>what you know -- agitating behind campus walls -- and save the lectures and
>advice to us in the real world.
>
>DP

yoshie, babe, i type 160 wpm on a slow day. i don't proof. i spend about 1 hour writing posts to this list, tops. it depends on what i write, obviously. it takes me, at most 10 minutes to write something. it takes about 1/2 hours to skim thru the mail. big whoop. i just spent my lunch hour and breaks on email.

my work hours are from 12 noon to 2-3 a.m. 6-7 days a week. i take out the occasional 2-3 hrs for organizing work, mostly the bullshit work: making posters, helping people write letters, buying supplies, copying off flyers, making sure there are drinks and snacks for the protestors, something my kid and i can do together coz i've always thought that making food and feeding people is a nice symbolic gesture of comradery.