Operation Enduring Protest

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Oct 19 10:29:01 PDT 2001

At 12:05 PM 10/19/01 -0500, Carrol Cox wrote:

>I'm claiming that _to be coherent_ you have to claim that your position
>is easy. Practical solutions are impractical if they can't be
>implemented. But you keep demanding practical solutions that can't be
>implemented.
>
>And I think you really recognize your own incoherence so far on this
>issue. That would explain your repulsive query as to whether anyone on
>the list sympthized with Churchill's account of 911.

excuse me? carrol, you are the one who is gleefully rejoicing over a war that's an opportunity for the left--in terms of left organizing. you don't want us to protest the war because you want us all to organize the left madly. you are entrapped. you declare a position in which you need war in order to organize the left. this is murderous, just as murderous as the administration because you don't care about people dying, they are only chess pieces in the game of organizing the left.

it is inconsistent to be against the bombing but for war as the sine qua non of the contradictions of capital, THE CONTRADICTION, that will be the contradiction to explode all previous contradiction and provide a wedge for organizing the left struggle.