Air Power and the Talibane: Operation En+*during Protest

Ruth Mahaney rmahaney4 at home.com
Fri Oct 19 14:58:11 PDT 2001

> Being an agreeable chap, I agree with everyone on this. Something should
be
> done, and nothing can be. I don't know how long that's been the case, but
I'm
> pretty sure it's been so at least since the bombing started. .
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.

I have been lurking on a number of listservs for quite awhile and this comment was most accurate description of the situation that I have read anywhere. I was personally dissapointed when Hitchens and others attacked the Chomsky/Cockburn crowd for "justifying" the events of 9/11. My understanding of Chomsky is that he advocates understanding, and that this is basis of much of his appeal. After the initial shock -- shock seems like much too mild a word -- how can anyone decide which course of action is justified without an understanding of the situation? I know that I have no "solutions" to offer, and actually this has been benficialm,/18