Fw: Anti-WTO Summit in NYC Nov. 8-10

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Fri Oct 19 15:00:00 PDT 2001

For complete info. see: http://www.nowto.org/summit/index.html

<snip>

Purpose of the Summit

US STRATEGY SUMMIT ON GLOBAL CORPORATE POWER AND DEMOCRACY

November 8, 9, and 10

The US is the lead player in the ravaging global corporate

enterprise. As US activists, we have a particular responsibility to

arrest, disarm, and dissipate the corporate state and its impact on our

lives and our planet. Over the past few years we have begun to challenge

this corporate coup alongside an unprecedented global peoples' movement.

However, we are nowhere near building the kind of world we

envision-- and, worse yet, we now face a US militarization that promises

a permanent state of war.

<snip>