attack on NC in American Prospect

ravi gadfly at home.com
Fri Oct 19 18:39:09 PDT 2001

Chuck0 wrote:

> What puzzles me about all the Chomsky-bashing that has happened since
> 9/11 is the intensity. Chomsky has been interviewed by a variety of
> independent and foreign media publications, but its not like he's been
> appearing on O'Reilly, Larry King Live, Nightline, MSNBC, The Daily
> Show, or the Tonight Show.
>
> Well, I'm assuming that he hasn't been on TV, since I don't own a TV and
> am assuming that the usual media blackout against Chomsky holds.
>
> So what is the motivation?

perhaps given the current mood of intolerance and irrationality, they are going in for the kill - exploit the willingness of people, more so now than before, to accept the shoddiest reasoning as long as its expressed in the right words (patriotism, liberty, evil, etc), and silence left voices for good?

--ravi