China again (was: Re: Note to the "ladder of force left")

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 19 17:33:35 PDT 2001

Chris Kromm wrote:

> Um, I know that. But the Tibetans would claim their lineage with China is
> unjust -- right?
> CK

I don't know. I doubt the ex-serf who as a nine-year old had been blinded and had his hands cut off for stealing a sheep from a monstery was so all-fired nationalist. Ex-serfs are probably a mixed lot. From the photographs I've seen of it, the butter sculpture (weighing tons in some instances) in Tibet was extraordinarily gorgeous. It also represented a lot of wealth ripped out of a not-too-productive economy.

Carrol