Rallying cry? (was Re: Pollitt column)

H. Curtiss Leung hncl at panix.com
Fri Oct 19 17:48:24 PDT 2001

Miles wrote:

> The more I think about this, the more structuralist I get. Taking out
> Bin Laden to "fight terrorism" is kinda like shooting Bill Gates to
> fight capitalism. They are not autonomous agents; they are the
> perfectly predictable products of a certain constellation of
> political and economic relations. "Bin Laden, trager": Now
> how's that for a rallying cry?

Um...what does "trager" mean? I thought it might be German, but babelfish.altavista.com mysteriously returns "more trager" for that. -- Curtiss, multilingually challenged

PS. I kinda like "Real justice, real safety" myself. PPS. Again, bombing Afghanistan does little, and much as I respect Doug, I don't think we have the means for a precise application of force there. OTOH, there's obviously stuff that can be done in the USA, and we do have the means--basically, simple proximity--to ensure that no sap gloves or rubber hose nonsense goes on.