Hobbes was Re: Note to the "ladder of force left"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Oct 20 08:49:43 PDT 2001

Gordon Fitch (Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:21) wrote:

<Carrol: Creon was correct in assuming that there was no freedom without order -- he was just tragically wrong in his judgment of the nature of order. Hence his order was in fact disorder -- anarchy.>

I'm sure you're aware that _anarchy_ is not equivalent to _disorder_.

I'm aware that Anarchists _claim_ that anarchy is not equivalen to disorder; I am also aware that when the inevitable anarchy appears Anarchists establish an order that makes Stalinist USSR look like a hippy summer camp.

Carrol