Churchill

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Oct 20 08:52:39 PDT 2001

At 01:42 AM 10/21/01 +1100, Rob Schaap wrote:

>Well, you said it, and so did I. Importantly relevant stuff that's
>conventional wisdom in one's own field, might not be as widely known in
>others; a point you've made yourself at times. So I was questioning
>where you put the stress in your piece (to help bring out the above point),
>and (hopefully not too annoyingly) making a point about tone.

i was talking to steve, a sociologist. that he is unaware of a feminist critique of work, grad students, etc is unfortunate. if you teach anything about race, class or gender as a sociologists, as i'm sure steve does, it's hard to miss one of the best selling anthologies on the topic where these ideas are very clearly spelled out.

>We're running a bit hot here at the moment, I reckon.

not when i wrote that. you regularly assume i'm cross when i'm not in the least.

kelley