Note to the "ladder of force left"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Oct 20 08:59:50 PDT 2001

ravi wrote:

> since you did get mugged, i
> assume you support some form of response

Yoshie can respond for herself, but I note that you overlook a distinction here that Justin and I exchanged contrary opinions on. Were I _being_ mugged, I would welcome whatever interference (including shooting the motherfucker between the eyes) might stop the mugging. _After_ the mugging, unless I needed an official report for insurance reasons or there was very substantial probability of recovering lost items, I would not be in favor of any response whatever.

Carrol