lbo-talk-digest V1 #5097

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at tao.ca
Sat Oct 20 16:38:28 PDT 2001

> > Good riddance to filth, imo.
>
> Though he's never been in any position of major influence, I certainly don't
> mourn him. But shooting him was just fucking dumb.

In this particular case, I am inclined to likely agree- my sentiments were that- *sentiments*. Mr Asherr and Doug are both right politcally and my line was a rant of contempt for Israeli officials. So you are merely reacting to me saying what you might be feeling. When the Anarchists whacked the Czar in Feudal Russia, Lenin turned to (a comrade, name unsure in memory) and said something top the effect of "good show!" and metaphorically raised a glass to the action to his circle. After that, he sat down to write a polemic against the use of murder/assassination to "light the prarie fire", and this is roughly where I sit on the q as well. I admire the courage of the activities of those who get their oppressors, even if I think it politically unwise or unhelpful. They are the bravest ones, as Marx spoke of such anarchists (I believe it was the Fenians).

Macdonald