Pirates and Emperors

H. Curtiss Leung hncl at panix.com
Sun Oct 21 07:33:42 PDT 2001

Shane Mage wrote:

> Need I add that no should have any more confidence in Bush & Co.'s
> intention to crush their Taliban than one should have had in their
> ability to protect us from the atrocity of 11 September last?

For me this does cast a different light on your previous post; saying that we have a responsibility to eliminate the Taleban absent a demur on the current (and illegitimate) administration's ability to do so gives the impression that you're quite high on the ladder of force. But given that

> - -The Taliban/Al Qaeda operation is not a sovereign state or nation
> - -The Taliban/Al Qaeda operation is a piratical gang
> - -Pirates are, by definition, enemies of the human race and to be
> treated as such
> - -It is the duty of all to crush them

Is it your view that military action in Afghanistan the best way to effect this? -- Curtiss

PS. Regarding Caesar and Augustine on pirates, I'd like a gloss offlist.