Sexual Harassment

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Oct 22 08:41:26 PDT 2001

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Stephen E Philion > --Dworkin's alligning with gentrifiers in US cities and
> cluster bombers
> > in Yugoslavia says enough about her type of feminism.
>
> I have no truck with Andrea Dworkin's anti-porn "cultural radical
> feminist essentialism" either in theory or practice (the Minneapolis
> anti-porn ordinance she co-authored with C. Mackinnon) but where did she
> author or sign any statements for the NATO bombings of Serbia?

I think you're probably right, the only thing I could find on the topic was a post from Yoshie on Marxism Feminism that took on Mackinnon and Dworking for not having taken any public stands against manifestations of imperial power such as the bombing of Iraq, bombing of Yugoslavia, etc. In which case, Dworkin's public alliances with gentrifiers and right wing fundamentalists speaks for itself I guess...

On my mixup of Churchill and Dennis Means, you misread my post. I should havee responded when you mentioned this last week, but it didn't seem that important, in that it didn't take away from the key point of Churchill's sanctimonious lambasting of workers in the WTC bldg. or airplane passengers for being less than morally pure when he was so cooshycooshy with someone like Russel Means, a public supporter of Reagan's contras in Nicaragua and candidate for vice-president and president in a right wing political party. Comparing a janotor involved in the Justice For Janitors campaign with Churhcill's friend Means, well the contradictions of Churchill's moralizing is pretty plain...