lbo-talk-digest V1 #5125

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Oct 22 22:29:36 PDT 2001

At 11:58 PM 10/22/01 -0500, Carrol Cox wrote:
> That
>is, I think he should simply have ignored any comments on what he did or
>did not say two years ago. That merely muddies the waters.)
>
>Carrol

of course it shouldn't muddy waters. maybe mac learned something over time. maybe my criticisms pushed him in new directions. maybe experience actually organizing prostitutes might have helped.

the question was: why does mac think that sex worker's labor is different from that of the apple pie baker's labor. can he justify the old marxist response to that against the feminist critiques of that framework? has he changed his mind since, we hope, actually engaging in practice or, at least, pursuing the question theoretically.

if you are allowed to drop questions of inconsistency as unimportant, then many of your arguments with doug must also be dropped so that doug may live in the peaceful state of oblivion too!

kelley