different wars

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 23 09:16:19 PDT 2001

Carrol Cox wrote:

>I noticed that Doug has responded with a post labelling it a "Have you
>stopped beating your wife" sort of question. He's correct. I've had that
>cliche in mind for 3 or 4 years in respect to his rhetorical technique.

Aside from being the holder of the steel-toed boots, I'm also the moderator of this list, and try to foster discussion. That's the major reason I ask questions, just like on the radio. When I write something, I rarely shy away from an opinion. Here, things are different. I'm interested in hearing a range of views, and see my job as encouraging their expression.

Doug