pig bosses block webmail

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Tue Oct 23 09:50:20 PDT 2001

Kevin Robert Dean wrote:

> It has been that way for awhile...I suppose they are
> afraid that people (like me) would spend more time on
> email then doing actual work. We used to have Yahoo
> Webmail blocked until we changed firewalls (there are
> so many ways around that problem anyway).
>
> Perhaps they also know they can't read what others are
> writing about when using a mail server other then
> their own--you could be talking smack about your boss
> and no one would be the wiser. Fire up the company
> Outlook and a bored boss can have lots of reading material.

If this is the case, I suggest organizing some coordinated loafing activities among sympatehtic co-workers. This can include cubicle- and office-hopping or a return to good old-fashioned water cooler socializing.

I think it would be important to engage in visible activities.

Oh, and do some radicalizing of the tech department.

Chuck0