FW: FACTS

alex lantsberg wideye at ziplink.net
Wed Oct 24 10:39:36 PDT 2001

LBO'ers---

I just got the forwarded email below from my dad. I've heard some of these arguments used before, and think it would be helpful to have some rebuttals. I have the basic knowledge to dispute or at least argue and add nuance to a few of the "FACTS" as described below, but not for the whole screed. I realize it may be a redundant exercise for some, but can i get some input from those who know what they're talking about here?

thanks alex

------- Subject: FACTS

Please read and educate yourself. I may ad only to this letter that it is not to the friends, but to the enemies also

>> > To all my friends who are being asked or who asked me
>> > about the Israeli - Palestinian conflict, and are
>> > confused, Here is something that was forwarded to me -
>> > just facts!!!

>> > What is frustrating is the double standard applied to
>> > Israel and the subsequent distortions and embroidering
>> > of truth, especially against Israel. It's bound to
>> > be worse now - I've already heard "reasonable" people
>> > saying that the terrorist attacks against the US
>> > wouldn't have happened if only Israel would negotiate
>> > better with the PLO (who've never renounced their
>> > long-stated goals of obliterating Israel). So I'm glad
>> > to be reminded of this information, but find it
>> > disheartening that so little seems to get better and
>> > so few people want to know the facts . . . .
>> >
>> > A Crash Course in the Real Facts:
>> >
>> > 1. Nationhood and Jerusalem - Israel became a nation
>> > in 1312 B.C.E., two thousand years before the rise of
>> > Islam.
>> >
>> > 2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying
>> > themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967,
>> > two decades after the establishment of the Modern
>> > State of Israel.
>> >
>> > 3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E. the Jews
>> > have had dominion over the land for one thousand years
>> > with a continuous presence in the land for the past
>> > 3,300 years.
>> >
>> > 4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635
>> > C.E. lasted no more than 22 years.
>> >
>> > 5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish
>> > capital Jerusalem has never been the capital of any
>> > Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians
>> > occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their
>> > capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
>> >
>> > 6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach,
>> > the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned
>> > once in the Koran.
>> >
>> > 7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed
>> > never came to Jerusalem.
>> >
>> > 8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their
>> > backs toward Jerusalem.
>> >
>> > 9. Arab and Jewish Refugees In 1948 the Arab refugees
>> > were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders
>> > promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight
>> > percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
>> >
>> > 10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab
>> > lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
>> >
>> > 11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in
>> > 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of
>> > Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the
>> > same.
>> >
>> > 12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or
>> > integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled,
>> > despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the
>> > 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the
>> > only refugee group in the world that has never been
>> > absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands.
>> > Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel,
>> > a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.

> [...]

Gregory Lantsberg Principal Engineer Vane Pump team Eaton Hydraulics 14615 Loan Oak Road Eden Prairie MN 55344 Phone (952) 937-7493 FAX (952) 937-7243