FACTS

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Oct 24 12:58:47 PDT 2001

oh dad poor dad. I heard this a few days ago when G. Gordon Liddy read it on his radio show. (I'm one of his devoted listeners.)

The Christian right adoption of Israel is understood by conscious jews as analagous to adoption of people like Jackie Robinson by white racists. Jews get to be 'cool,' but not quite human.

A few responses, leaving out the very obvious and stats I do not have:

>> > A Crash Course in the Real Facts:
>> > 2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying
>> > themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967,
>> > two decades after the establishment of the Modern
>> > State of Israel.

mbs: note that however they might have identified themselves, their identification with their own property -- their land -- is still abrogated by Israeli policy.

>> > 6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach,
>> > the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned
>> > once in the Koran.

mbs: Israel is not claimed by Islam, but by Palestinians (some of whom are christian).

>> > 8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their
>> > backs toward Jerusalem.

mbs: funniest thing I've heard this week. see also #6.

>> > 9. Arab and Jewish Refugees In 1948 the Arab refugees
>> > were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders
>> > promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight
>> > percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.

mbs: if you heard about Deir Yassin you would be stupid to not leave, and to do so by endeavoring to not see Israeli soldiers.