Will this work?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 24 15:16:18 PDT 2001

>Max Sawicky wrote:
>
>>This is well-argued. There may be a job waiting for you
>>with the Bland Corporation. But I think you stumble at the
>>end . . .
>>
>>NO political leader could be expected to
>>suffer an attack such as 9/11 and immediately
>>begin to negotiate with the attacker. And the
>>U.S. doesn't even have a political leader, unless
>>it's bill o'reilly.
>
>Hey, he's my hero.
>
>But what would be negotiated exactly? ObL & Co. want the U.S. out of
>the Middle East. That basically means disengagement from a major
>outpost of Empire, and the cutting loose of one of Washington's most
>important sub-hegemons, Israel. As much as just about everyone on
>this list would like to see this result, it seems pretty fanciful to
>me that the U.S. would even begin to negotiate over demands like
>this. Am I missing something?
>
>Doug

It's our job (as leftists) to make "the U.S. out of the Middle East" a popular demand among Americans. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Anti-War Organizing in Columbus Covered by the Media: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/media.html>