Note to the "ladder of force left"

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Wed Oct 24 20:10:08 PDT 2001

>It would be pretty stupid to perpetrate something that outrages
>a powerful enemy, then just sit on your ass and wait for him to find you.

Why so sure, Max? Mebbe there's no need to do anything but fan public fear for now. If they've any shots left in their locker, they might hold them back until the US offensive slows down - just to ensure the dying of Muslems is kept up to the levels required to undermine western-inclined Middle Eastern governments. As I say, now that the bombing has started, I doubt there are any right answers out there.

Oz boxer Anthony Mundine (Aboriginal Muslem middleweight national champ) has just been stripped of his WBC ranking for a variation of the chooks-home-to-roost sentiment, by the way.

Cheers, Rob.