lbo-talk-digest V1 #5145

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Oct 25 10:37:07 PDT 2001

Thiago Oppermann >...The comment about Turkey should get a footnote. Aren't there some reasons why it is so happy about this new war on terror that have little to do with Islamic fundamentalist? I thought their main concern was rather with the PKK.

My sense is that the capture and trial of Occalan has greatly diminished the fighting capacity of the PKK. http://burn.ucsd.edu/~ats/PKK/pkk.html http://www.ataa.org/ataa/ref/pkk.html http://www.ataa.org/ataa/ref/pkk/articles/whoisocalan.html Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) Dudley Knox Library, Terrorist Group Profiles. Dudley Knox Library Naval Postgraduate School. ... Terrorism Resources. Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK). ... http://web.nps.navy.mil/~library/tgp/kurds.htm PKK TERRORISM Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ankara December 1998 http://www.turkey.org/apo-pkk/pkktitle.htm Michael Pugliese