Negri Interview

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at ebay.sun.com
Thu Oct 25 13:08:01 PDT 2001

No kidding...shades of King Lear, or Akira Kurosawa's version of it, Ran (= "chaos"). The Great Lord of the House of Ichimonji as Washington, post-Cold War. The first two sons, Taro, Jiro, the fawning, treacherous "allies". The third, banished, son, Saburo - that's us! And then there's the cute court jester of Ichmonji who, as the Great Lord was about to rush off to his final catastrophe at the Third Castle, mocked him with, "That's right! Why wait, when Hell is close by!". Humm, that could be us, too...:-)