[PNEWS] LIBERTIES: A SAD, SAD DAY for your civil liberties

PNEWS.ORG yod at pnews.org
Thu Oct 25 19:21:40 PDT 2001

Subject: [PNEWS] LIBERTIES: A SAD, SAD DAY for your civil liberties

PNEWS-L ARCHIVES ->http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/pnews-l.html

ARTICLES - ALERTS and CURRENT EVENTS ->http://pnews.org/art/art.shtml

Today is a very sad day for civil liberties. If you don't feel like someone just took a sledge hammer and knocked you over the head with it, just wait a few days until you read this law and realize just what has been done to us in the name of fighting terrorism when the biggest terrorists are those who wrote the law. The biggest terrorist is the unelected president who ordered the bombing of Afghanistanis and is responsible for hundreds of deaths of Afghan civilians. The biggest terrorists are those who gave the order to fire Cruise and Tomahawk missiles which fell on villages, hospitals, buses and mosques and cluster bombs which will keep on killing.

This Anti-Terrorism Bill will enable them to spy on your wireless telephone calls. They will be able to capture and retrieve everything you send and receive over the internet without any effort at all except to declare it necessary for the war on terrorism. Web sites which criticize the the unelected president will lose their access. It will happen. What ISPs have the balls to fight with the F.B.I.?

They'll detain immigrants when the attorney general tells them to without a court order or review.

The bill was approved by the full Congress today. The F.B.I. will be authorized for surveillance of everything you do, especially if you consider yourself a dissenter.

Earlier today someone posted an article to PNEWS-L about the young man who took a novel to the airport and because it had a picture on the cover of some dynamite he was detained and prevented from flying. Soon the mind police will knock on your door to inquire about what you are thinking. This has not been such a sad day since the Smith Act. This has not been such a sad day since the McCarthy witch hunts of the 50s. We have an unelected president who succeeded eliminating all our hard won rights with the help of the whimpy congress and daddy's friends at the Supreme Court. This is a giant step in the direction of totalitarianism. We're already a fascist nation state. We have a repubic for the rich and we go to war for oil. Daddy is making money and hundreds of thousands of workers are losing their jobs.

This new law is so vague and so all encompassing that it authorizes the F.B.I. to spy on anyone at anytime.

"If there is a single goal of the intelligence components of this

anti-terrorism bill, it is to change the focus from responding to acts

that have already occurred to preventing acts that threaten the lives

of American citizens. We cannot continue to use critical information

only in a criminal trial." [Intelligence Committee Chairman Bob

Graham, (FL) Democrat]

Orwell is alive and well. Big Brother is watching you.

The Senate bill is called the "Uniting and Strengthening America Act" (USA), while the House bill, named the "Provide Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001,". Notice the acronym for this Act: "PATRIOT". We're not "patriots" if we oppose their intrusions. We're not patriots if we read the wrong books at the airport. We're not patriots if we criticise the unelected president. We're not patriots if we do not fly a few flags from our home, our car and some are even having the flag tatooed on their skin. We're not patriots if we oppose war and death and collateral damage. We're not patriots if we do not stand "united" and if we do not "pray" and we're not patriots if we do not stand when we recite the Pledge of Alliegance to the Flag, as is now going to be required of children going to school in Florida.

The Anti-Terrorism Bill defines terrorism so vaguely and so broadly that legitimate protest is now an act of terrorism. Picketing and civil disobedience will get you locked up on terrorism charges. You will be a target. You will be subject to electronic surveillance. You will be subject to indefinite detention. You will not be entitled to due process. You will be subject to telephone taps. You will not be a patriot. This is a very, very sad day.

TheGolem http://pnews.org/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ The flag represents allegiance to the "nation state" view which was first established in the 16th century and that view promulgates the position that nation states are to be held higher than human collective rights - that rights first belong to the state. This was a major shift in loyalty and morality and is basically a cultural trap to get you to obey the state. It is totalitarian. Respect for "law and order" (even obviously bad and immoral law), "patriotism", and elevating a piece of cloth, the "flag" above the misdeeds of American history, which it represents, as supreme values are all major characteristics of a totalitarian society.

BURN THE FLAG, NOT PEOPLE! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ http://pnews.org/art/5art/ourFLAG.shtml (Understanding Patriotism & FLAG) http://pnews.org/art/1art/AFFORDbasics.shtml (Struggle for the Basics) http://pnews.org/art/5art/REACTparenti.shtml (Terrorism Meets Reactionism)

http://pnews.org/art/5art/warHORROR.shtml (RACIST WAR Against Arabs) http://pnews.org/art/5art/nationSTATE.shtml (Solution to Terrorism)

http://www.progressive.org/0801issue/nagy0901.html

(How U.S. Intentionally Destroyed Iraq's Water Supply)

___

/ o o \ ===OO=====OO================================================================= TheGolemsPlace (Where everything REALLY begins,including Black Hills Gold)

West Server -: http://pnews.org/ East Server -: http://g0lem.net/ PNEWS-L (since 1982) - 350 Message Board Forums - http://blackhillsg0ld.com =============================================================================

\_/ \_/