Interesting site

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Fri Oct 26 14:49:38 PDT 2001

It's real important to be both fast on your feet with facts and figures and to aggressively cut him off when he goes on his long rants and make the contradictions in his rants apparent to the audience. Many smart types get eaten up by him because they think they're going into a MacNeil Leherer type of question answer format instead of a propaganda spectacle for the right wing. Max, Rob Kuttner have done good jobs making him look foolish because, as he will acknowledge himself, he really ain't that bright. Phil Donahue did a great job against him the other day, basically Phil just dominated the entire exchange, not letting O"reilly get a word in edgewise, he kind of out O'Reillyed O'Reilly. There's one great line where Donahue says that Americans wanna hear more dissident voices, 'kinda like that kid you had on last week who you always interrupted..."...O'Reilly, from the looks of the transcript looked exhausted after the whole affair...

Steve