organizing........

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 28 08:13:39 PST 2001

Ian Murray:

> [LATimes]
> On Campus and Off, Antiwar Movements See New Vigor
> Reaction: Opposition to military action builds with a more polite,
> thoughtful approach than in days of Vietnam.

_Early_ protests against the Vietnam War were probably much _more_ polite than are current protests taken as a whole. Moreover, the politeness of current protests (based both on what I've read from participants and local experience) is tactical rather than deeply felt. If the war continues, aggressiveness will increase. And it is important that it do so, for failure of graduated rise in militancy is one of the main sources of "Weatherman-Style" idiocy.

Carrol