NYC demo @ INS

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 29 12:06:36 PST 2001

[this is right across from LBO world hq - where they've just reopened the street on the south side of the federal building]

HEIDI DOROW at 917-513-3588 posts:

New Yorkers Say No To War

Call for a DEMONSTRATION to protest denial of rights for those being detained as part of 9-11 federal investigations.

As part of our continuing effort to raise awareness about the consequences and aftermath of the events of 9-11, New Yorkers Say No To War, has organized a demonstration at:

INS offices, 201 Varick Street (on the east side of Varick btwn West Houston and King Street), in Manhattan

on Thursday November 1, 2001 from NOON to 1PM.

Our demonstration seeks to highlight the following issues:

FULL DISCLOSURE How many are being held and why? RIGHT TO FAIR AND THOROUGH LEGAL PROCESS Do detainees have access to legal representation? INVESTIGATION OF ALL ALLEGATIONS OF ABUSE The Department of Justice must investigate and report on allegations of abuse and mistreatment of detainees

We invite all concerned individuals and organizations to join us in a legal picket line on Thursday November 1st. If your organization would like to support our efforts, please contact HEIDI DOROW at 917-513-3588