Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Oct 29 15:57:30 PST 2001

One tiny addendum to peaceniks of all stripes. The idea of the movement--however you want to characterize it--as losing steam at this point is ridiculous.

The anti-Vietnam war movement took years to get going, with its initiators in quite a bit of isolation for some time. Anyone who is put off at this stage of the game doesn't have the patience for this type of hobby. If you're right that the military activity will be a grand debacle, then you should be exulting in your imminent, smashing victory.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 6:37 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Max Sawicky wrote:

>these guys will always have their issues. They need
>a hammering. Whether it's possible I cannot be sure.

The problem is that they're not getting the hammering - some of their supplies are, but the main body of They isn't, and the leaders certainly aren't. Red Cross warehouses are getting a hammering, though.

If the point of the military operation is to catch the planners and prevent future disasters, it's a failure on both counts.

Doug