Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Lou Paulsen wwchi at enteract.com
Mon Oct 29 21:05:38 PST 2001

-----Original Message----- From: Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com>

>> I don't think the slander about how we "don't care
>> about the WTC victims" is
>> worth as much as a minute of my time. It's a
>> deliberate smear.
>
>Listen you stalinist son-of-a-bitch.

*yawn* Unintelligent invective is so dull. I note that in his earlier post Mr. Seay spelled "butt-wipes" with an 'h'.

>I have seen your
>party's tactics, so dont try your rhetorical bullshit
>on me.

What is rhetorical about the term "deliberate smear"? I thought that was very concrete. Seay and Newman know that the question of whether we "care" about the workers who died on Sept. 11 is a non-issue. It's more an argument "in terrorem" than "ad hominem": "Meet my demands or I will libel you."

If one wants an example of "rhetorical bullshit", one can hardly do better than the declaration that we are "incapable of true sympathy" for the workers of New York unless we endorse Seay's demands. It is not the tiniest bit superior to the argument by some Bush administration flack that we are "incapable of true sympathy" for the workers of New York unless we endorse the dropping of cluster bombs all over Afghanistan.

Well, that's way more than a minute now.

lp