Max's wager

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Oct 30 02:46:32 PST 2001

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Max Sawicky wrote:

> I am happy to be more precise. I would say that after next year's
> spring offensive, if there are no more explicit attacks on targets in
> the U.S. resulting in mass deaths for the next two years, and no
> mega-attacks for the next five years, the U.S. response could be
> looked upon as having worked on one level.

How big is a mega-attack? Does the attack on the Cole qualify? Khobar towers? Just curious.

> I don't count the anthrax stuff as attacks on a large scale

Your clause about attacks on the US in the next two years says nothing about large scale. In which single person attacks would count. If only mega attacks count for purposes of this bet, then I don't understand the US 2 year/anywhere 5 year distinction -- it would just be a 5 year, mega-attack bet.