Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Tue Oct 30 07:57:14 PST 2001

> The implication of your objection as given is
> that you have another theory which states that all attempts
> to see the world coherently are "sectarian" and therefore bad.
> But this would also be "sectarian" in the sense you seem to
> be using the word. Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?
>
> -- Gordon

Well, I suppose if you break it down, we are all sectarians of one (a concept that would delight Max Stirner or Karl Kraus, I'm sure). My main beef with Chuck is his romantic vision of anarchism, one that hardly squares with the real world. Now, he's certainly free to imagine and visualize anything he likes, indeed he should; but when it comes to offering concrete suggestions as to What To Do (the Afghan Lincoln Brigades, for instance), he often stretches his romantic vision to absurd lengths, which comes from the position that everything must be ideologically filtered for any contaminants, or WWBD.

DP