al Qaeda--decentralized or what? (was: Antiwar mvm't losing steam????)

hncl at panix.com hncl at panix.com
Tue Oct 30 08:12:12 PST 2001

I was under the impression the Al Qaeda was decentralized myself, but now the Washington Post rolls out this as justification for the latest warning of imminent attacks:

Other intelligence has been gathered indicating that

Osama bin Laden and some of his top lieutenants have

essentially delegated authority to order and conduct

new attacks down the chain of command, perhaps even

to individual cells of bin Laden's al Qaeda terrorist

network, senior officials said

(see http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7816-2001Oct29.html for the whole thing) Neither the NY Times or the UK web papers (Independent, Guardian) mentions this piece of intelligence.

-- Curtiss