Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Tue Oct 30 08:28:31 PST 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
> >I've been trying to figure out an anarchist response to this dilemma.
> >It's not like an anarchist can be logically consistent and call for any
> >state to pursue these criminals. It's also hard to argue that, if
> >captured, they be tried in a state's court or imprisoned in a state's
> >prison.
>
> No, anarchists can't. And have anarchists talked at all about how Al
> Qaeda is organized in a rather anarcho-friendly way? Not quite
> leaderless, but close, with very loose structures, more network than
> hierarchy, with considerable autonomy for local operatives, etc. Are
> they your evil doubles?

Well, they are playing from a similar playbook. They have nasty anti-social goals, whereas anarchists have pro-social, communitarian goals. These methods are based on anarchist tactics, such as the affinity group, which was invented around the time of the Spanish Civil War.

One of things that made me chuckle was when the Washington Post ran an article in their Style section several weeks ago that went over the concept of Net Wars. I was like "duh! they finally figured it out." The Net War strategy is what the anti-capitalist movement has been using successfully for the past 5+ years. This is why the ruling class has had a hard time countering or co-opting us.

Perhaps if the CIA and NSA and other government agencies who were responsible for anti-terrorist activities had read that RAND report 5 years ago, then they would have been better prepared. I suspect that they din't pay attention to it because they were too busy drinking.

If I can find the URL for the new RAND book on Net War I'll send it to the list. I suggest reading this book, because it gives away most of the playbook that myself and other anti-capitalists have been using for the past 5 years.

Yes, we have a long term strategy.

Chuck0