Antiwar movement losing steam?????

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Tue Oct 30 08:46:34 PST 2001

Chuck0:

> Did I ever suggest that a group of anarchist avengers invade
> Afghanistan? No. This is a figment of Dennis' imagination. When I
> suggested the "Abraham Lincoln Brigade" idea, I was positing a
> non-statist alternative that is kind of like a U.N. intervention.

No, you suggested the Brigade as a specific alternative to US bombing. I merely fleshed out your idea.

> It's really funny that Dennis should make fun of me for military
> fantasies that I don't hold.

If you don't hold them, then don't express them.

> This is a straw man argument which misrepresents my views. I'm not
> surprised, since the only thing Dennis can send in response to my emails
> is cheap shots.

For an street-fightin' anarchist, you seem remarkably frail. I simply asked direct questions based on the alternative you raised. And yes, I have a certain view of you, again, based on what I read here and not inspired by the need to stitch together straw.

> Are you arguing, Dennis, that we should all abandon looking at these
> questions through the lens of our principles? Should Nathan not make his
> analysis based on his liberalism?

Of course not, and you know better than to ask such stupid questions.

DP